Category baggage – the mental associations that come with a product or service category.
Example of Category Baggage
Example Baggage (negative mental associations):
- Little kiosk at the airport.
- One stressed employee.
- Long lines.
- The car you booked is not available.
- Being fined for damage that was already there.
Identifying category baggage allows marketers to differentiate their products, services, or new categories.
- Category Blur
- Category Design
- Exciting Brand, Boring Category
- The question we should be asking about Category Design